Police officer seriously hurt in attack in Dhule
Dhule: An assistant police inspector was seriously injured on Tuesday night while trying to intervene in a street fight between two groups, police said.
"API Dhananjay Patil was seriously injured when he was hit with a sword on his head by a person who is yet to be identified", a police officer said
Patil is attached with Azad Nagar police station.
According to sources, the suspect is the son of a local NCP corporator and is on the run.
Patil is admitted in an ICU, police said.
- 'Good monsoon, consumer spending to see India GDP grow at 7.4% in FY17'
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse