Police officer seriously hurt in attack in Dhule
Dhule: An assistant police inspector was seriously injured on Tuesday night while trying to intervene in a street fight between two groups, police said.
"API Dhananjay Patil was seriously injured when he was hit with a sword on his head by a person who is yet to be identified", a police officer said
Patil is attached with Azad Nagar police station.
According to sources, the suspect is the son of a local NCP corporator and is on the run.
Patil is admitted in an ICU, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi