Police on toes to trace stolen vehicle of Shinde`s son-in-law
Mumbai: Special police teams have been formed to trace the SUV belonging to the son-in-law of Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, which was allegedly stolen by unidentified persons from Delisle Road area in central Mumbai.
The Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) -- a Mitsubishi Pajero -- was parked near Bawala Compound by chauffeur Vijay Kharat, a resident of the Delisle Road area, and was stolen on the intervening night of Thursday and Friday, Sudhakar Ghagare, the senior inspector at NM Joshi Marg police station, said.
The vehicle is owned by Raj Shroff, who is married to the minister`s daughter Preeti, police said.
Kharat had parked the vehicle at 11.30 PM on Thursday. However, at 5 AM the next day, he could not spot it and lodged a complaint at the NM Joshi Marg police station after which an FIR was registered.
Three teams at the police station have been formed to trace the vehicle and the city police`s crime branch, which usually probes serious offences, has begun a parallel investigation in this case.
Crime branch`s unit III officials are focusing on the case while the vehicle`s number was circulated among all other 11 units. The anti-motor vehicle theft unit is also working on the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police