Police oppose bail plea of 2 accused in Dey case
Mumbai: Mumbai police`s crime branch on Tuesday
filed the reply opposing the bail applications of two accused
in the journalist Jyotirmoy Dey murder case.
"We filed the reply saying that we are opposing the
bail," said special public prosecutor, Dileep Shah. The
applications, filed by Anil Waghmode and Deepak Sisodia,
would come up for hearing at the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court after two weeks.
Jigna Vora, former deputy chief of bureau with city daily
`Asian Age`, was arrested in the case on November 25 for
allegedly providing important information regarding Dey, prior
to the murder, to gangster Chhota Rajan.
Police, on December 3, filed chargesheet against Rohee
Thangappan Joseph alias Satish Kalya, Abhijeet Shinde, Arun
Dake, Sachin Gaikwad, Anil Waghmode, Nilesh Shendge, Mangesh
Agawane, Vinod Asrani, Paulson Joseph and Deepak Sisodia. All
of them are in custody.
According to the police, Rajan was irked by two articles
written by Dey, and by killing him, he wanted to send out a
warning to the media.
A supplementary chargesheet would be filed at a later
date against Vora, the eleventh person to be arrested in the
case, police have said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead