Police search for three missing Pune professionals
Pune: Police have launched a massive search to trace the three missing advertising professionals who disappeared while travelling from Pune to Goa last week, authorities said on Thursday.
The body of a fourth man, Chintan C Buch (26), was found after a frantic search in Neera river, around 30 km from here, said police officer Bharat Chavan. The remaining three, including a woman, are missing.
"We have deployed all possible resources including aerial search to look for Shruti Chandwani (26), Pranav Lele (30) and Sahil Qureshi. But so far we have not succeeded," Chavan told a news agency.
The four left on November 01 from Kothrud`s Bhusari Colony for Goa. While Chandwani was supposed to get off at Kolhapur to visit her family, the three men were planning to go to Goa for Diwali celebrations.
They travelled in a silver-coloured i20 vehicle but mysteriously disappeared after crossing the Khed-Shivpur toll plaza.
Chavan said that since then none of their mobile phones were reachable. Their frantic families finally contacted the police.
Their advertising firm arranged for a helicopter for two days in the Western Ghats near Mahabaleshwar. Police in Pune, Sangli, Satara, Raigad, Kolhapur and Ratnagiri continued their search.
Finally, a 15-member team of Rajgad police searched near the Neera river and located Buch`s body.
"We hope to trace the others soon," Chavan said.
Buch hailed from Vadodara in Gujarat and was planning to get married next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad