Police seize fake currency of Rs1.41 lakh in Pune
Pune: The Vishrantwadi police claimed to have busted a fake currency racket on September 4 and recovered fake notes with a face value of Rs1.41 lakh. They caught five persons who were carrying the fake currency. The notes were in the denominations of Rs500 and Rs1,000 and it was tough to make out that they were fake, they said.
All the arrested are from Bengal, and have been identified as Mizharul Toidali Shaikh (28) and Tariqaziz Manajol Shaikh (22), both natives of Murshidabad, Ziarul Daulat Mandol (30) and Hasirul alias Razzak Almin Mandol (19) of Nadia, and Baqool Rasool Shaikh (20) of Shrinathpur. They had rented a place in Bhosari here since one month.
Senior police inspector Sudhakar Kate of Vishrantwadi police station said that these men were only the distributors. “Two of them had brought the fake notes from Bengal for distribution in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad. They had brought Rs1.5 lakh, out of which they had distributed Rs8,500, and were to exchange Rs50,000 original notes for 1 lakh fake notes,” Kate said.
On September 4. Around 11.30 am, Mizharul and Tariqaziz had an argument with an autorickshaw driver over fare payment. When on duty police naik Nissar Khan and constable Nirnay Lande of Vishrantwadi traffic division went to see what happened, they began running away. But Khan and Lande chased and nabbed them, and found Rs18,500 fake notes in their possession.
A team led by police sub inspector Sachin Kale, head constables Ravindra Rathod, Bhimsen Sandbhor, police naik Uttam Kadam and police constable Uttam Gat from the detection branch nabbed the remaining three suspects.
On September 5, they were produced before a magistrate court, which remanded them in police custody till September 10. Police have charged them for offences under sections 489B (using as counterfeit currency-notes as genuine), 489C (possession of counterfeit currency-notes) and 34 (common intention) of Indian Penal Code.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video