Police should handle cases involving women with sensitivity: Patil
Beed: Police should show sensitivity in handling the cases of crimes against women, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said here Sunday.
Patil, here to attend a function, also said while talking to the mediapersons that he reviewed the cases of crimes against women in the district during the visit.
Talking about recruitment of women in the police force, Patil said Maharashtra had a large proportion of women police personnel, compared to other states.
Talking about controversies ahead of Marathi literary meet at Chiplun, Patil said the annual literary meet had become synonymous with controversies, and at least one meet should pass off without a controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- No new signal from EgyptAir jet since day of crash as search intensifies
- LinkedIn notifies data breach, alerts 400 mn members to stay safe
- UN climate change report excludes Great Barrier reefs from in-danger list
- Lesser-known health benefits of pomegranate!
- Modi government has only indulged in rhetoric, marketing: Congress