Police should handle cases involving women with sensitivity: Patil
Beed: Police should show sensitivity in handling the cases of crimes against women, Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil said here Sunday.
Patil, here to attend a function, also said while talking to the mediapersons that he reviewed the cases of crimes against women in the district during the visit.
Talking about recruitment of women in the police force, Patil said Maharashtra had a large proportion of women police personnel, compared to other states.
Talking about controversies ahead of Marathi literary meet at Chiplun, Patil said the annual literary meet had become synonymous with controversies, and at least one meet should pass off without a controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown