Police stage flag march in city on eve of Vidarbha bandh
Nagpur: City police and SRPF on Tuesday staged
flag marches in various part of city on the eve of Vidarbha
bandh, a call given by all political parties demanding
Flag marches were organised under Sadar and Sitabuldi
police station jurisdiction. This is first time a flag march
has been taken out on the occasion of a bandh call in city.
The stage is set for Vidarbha bandh tomorrow as most of
the leaders from political parties were on campaign tour in
different parts of Vidarbha to mobilise support.
Former Union Minister and Congress MP from Nagpur Vilas
Muttemwar was away in Yavatmal, while former MPCC chief
Ranjeet Deshmukh was in Bhandara for the same. Republican
leaders including Prakash Ambedkar, were also on tour visiting
Dalit dominated areas and districts to garner support from
Local BJP MLA Davendra Phadanvis said his party members
will actively participate in the bandh call given by all
Among the prominent leaders on the forefront of agitation
here are Vilas Muttemwar, Datta Meghe both Congress MPs,
Ranjeet Deshmukh and Naresh Pugalia (Congress).
Former MP Banwarilal Purohit, Davendra Phadanvis Sudhakar
Deshmukh, Vikas Kumbhare, Krishna Khopde, Dalit leaders
Prakash Ambedkar, Jogendra Kawade, Sulekha Kumbhare, Congress
legislators Dinanth Padole, Dilip Sananda, Jainuddin Zaveri, S
Q Zama and others are also supporting bandh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31