Police start fresh probe in man`s death, book wife for murder
Thane: Police have launched a fresh probe in the case of accidental death of a man reported last year after the victim`s relative alleged that he was murdered by his wife and her paramour.
In July 2012, the Tokawade police had found a highly decomposed body of a man, aged around 35 years, at Malshej ghat, assistant police inspector H C Patil said on Sunday.
The police had then sent the body for postmortem and it was later identified as that of one Santosh Anant Rasal, a resident of Vartak Nagar in Thane city.
A case of accidental death had then been registered.
However, Santosh`s mother recently complained to police suspecting some foul play in the death of her son.
Based on her complaint, the Tokawade police launched a fresh probe in the case and yesterday registered an offence against Santosh`s widow and her male friend for an offence under section 302 (murder) of the IPC, Patil said.
It was suspected that Santosh was a hurdle in the affair of his wife with her friend on account of which they allegedly killed him and dumped the body at the Malshej ghat.
Investigation was on to ascertain the exact cause of Santosh`s death, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress