Police team attacked in Osmanabad, 13 criminals escape
Parli Vaijnath: Over 500 people
allegedly attacked a team of policemen yesterday injuring
seven constables and managed to `rescue` 13 out of 15
criminals held by the police.
Giving details, officials said a team of 70 odd policemen
led by Deputy Superintendent of Police, Beed, Akhilesh Kumar
Sinh, had gone to arrest notorious criminal Balaji Shinde and
his gang belonging to Pardhi community during the wee hours
The police team went to village Kamkar Wadi in the
adjacent Osmanabad district, encircled the community`s
residential camp and arrested 15 criminals. Even as the police
were leaving the place, they were attacked by a mob of about
500 people comprising relatives and aides of the criminals
with stones and lathis and took away all the 15 criminals
The police, however, re-arrested two of them while 13
managed to escape. Seven policemen who were injured in the
incident have been admitted to hospital.
The DSP Darade of Osmanabad and his team visited the
the spot. A case has been registered at Vermala police station
in Osmanabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him