Police team attacked in Osmanabad, 13 criminals escape
Parli Vaijnath: Over 500 people
allegedly attacked a team of policemen yesterday injuring
seven constables and managed to `rescue` 13 out of 15
criminals held by the police.
Giving details, officials said a team of 70 odd policemen
led by Deputy Superintendent of Police, Beed, Akhilesh Kumar
Sinh, had gone to arrest notorious criminal Balaji Shinde and
his gang belonging to Pardhi community during the wee hours
The police team went to village Kamkar Wadi in the
adjacent Osmanabad district, encircled the community`s
residential camp and arrested 15 criminals. Even as the police
were leaving the place, they were attacked by a mob of about
500 people comprising relatives and aides of the criminals
with stones and lathis and took away all the 15 criminals
The police, however, re-arrested two of them while 13
managed to escape. Seven policemen who were injured in the
incident have been admitted to hospital.
The DSP Darade of Osmanabad and his team visited the
the spot. A case has been registered at Vermala police station
in Osmanabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- I share a good rapport with team members: Anil Kumble
- Sonia to flag off bus yatra to UP on July 23
- MS Dhoni to mentor talent with Craig McDermott's cricket academy in Australia
- Gujarat Dalit flogging incident: Four police officials suspended, says Rajnath Singh
- Ireland and France urge quick 'Brexit' from European Union