Police tightens security in Mumbai for I-Day
Mumbai: A thick security blanket has been thrown over the entire city on the eve of 65th Independence Day with police stepping in to keep a strict vigil at all the important places and intensifying patrolling on streets in the wake of recent bomb blasts.
Vehicles are being checked thoroughly at all the entry points in the city including Mulund, Dahisar and Chembur, police said.
Several anti-social elements have been detained to ensure there is no law and order problem. Besides this local police stations, numbering more than 80, including those marked as `sensitive`, have been alerted and are asked to ensure that their respective areas remain peaceful.
Police is keeping a strict vigil at local railway stations, shopping malls, theatres, Iconic Gateway of India, hotels Taj Mahal and Oberoi, Mantralaya and Bombay High Court. The police sources reportedly said that they have deployed additional forces from the State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) on duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured