Police tightens security in Mumbai for I-Day
Mumbai: A thick security blanket has been thrown over the entire city on the eve of 65th Independence Day with police stepping in to keep a strict vigil at all the important places and intensifying patrolling on streets in the wake of recent bomb blasts.
Vehicles are being checked thoroughly at all the entry points in the city including Mulund, Dahisar and Chembur, police said.
Several anti-social elements have been detained to ensure there is no law and order problem. Besides this local police stations, numbering more than 80, including those marked as `sensitive`, have been alerted and are asked to ensure that their respective areas remain peaceful.
Police is keeping a strict vigil at local railway stations, shopping malls, theatres, Iconic Gateway of India, hotels Taj Mahal and Oberoi, Mantralaya and Bombay High Court. The police sources reportedly said that they have deployed additional forces from the State Reserve Police Force (SRPF) on duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price