Police to seek CA help in Kripashanka `s case
Mumbai: Police will soon rope in a chartered
accountant to help them in probing the disproportionate assets
case against Congress leader Kripashankar Singh even as teams
were dispatched to attach his properties outside Mumbai.
In a related development, Singh`s son-in-law Vijay Singh
is alleged to have submitted forged domicile certificate to
enable transfer of a flat in his name from his beleaguered
father-in-law, who obtained it through chief minister`s quota
in suburban Powai a few years ago.
This was revealed by a source privy to investigation. The
flat was subsequently sold by Vijay, he said.
Sanjay Tiwari, the city activist whose PIL in Bombay High
Court led to the FIR against the former Mumbai Congress chief,
has also alleged "Vijay Singh, who was a government employee
in UP, had done this crime (forging documents to get domicile
certificate) in connivance with his father-in-law."
According to police sources, the government has
sanctioned hiring of a CA to help in the probe which will
require investigators to sift through bulky property
transaction documents and bank accounts.
"We have a mammoth task of going through each and every
document very carefully. A financial expert is the best person
to help us in this job. We usually hire CAs in complicated
cases. So we will hire a CA in this case," a source said.
Police teams were sent to carry out attachment process of
remaining properties of the former minister in Panvel in
adjoining Raigad district, Ratnagiri in Konkan and Uttar
Pradesh, his home state, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands