Police to seek CA help in Kripashanka `s case
Mumbai: Police will soon rope in a chartered
accountant to help them in probing the disproportionate assets
case against Congress leader Kripashankar Singh even as teams
were dispatched to attach his properties outside Mumbai.
In a related development, Singh`s son-in-law Vijay Singh
is alleged to have submitted forged domicile certificate to
enable transfer of a flat in his name from his beleaguered
father-in-law, who obtained it through chief minister`s quota
in suburban Powai a few years ago.
This was revealed by a source privy to investigation. The
flat was subsequently sold by Vijay, he said.
Sanjay Tiwari, the city activist whose PIL in Bombay High
Court led to the FIR against the former Mumbai Congress chief,
has also alleged "Vijay Singh, who was a government employee
in UP, had done this crime (forging documents to get domicile
certificate) in connivance with his father-in-law."
According to police sources, the government has
sanctioned hiring of a CA to help in the probe which will
require investigators to sift through bulky property
transaction documents and bank accounts.
"We have a mammoth task of going through each and every
document very carefully. A financial expert is the best person
to help us in this job. We usually hire CAs in complicated
cases. So we will hire a CA in this case," a source said.
Police teams were sent to carry out attachment process of
remaining properties of the former minister in Panvel in
adjoining Raigad district, Ratnagiri in Konkan and Uttar
Pradesh, his home state, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh