Police to seek CA help in Kripashanka `s case
Mumbai: Police will soon rope in a chartered
accountant to help them in probing the disproportionate assets
case against Congress leader Kripashankar Singh even as teams
were dispatched to attach his properties outside Mumbai.
In a related development, Singh`s son-in-law Vijay Singh
is alleged to have submitted forged domicile certificate to
enable transfer of a flat in his name from his beleaguered
father-in-law, who obtained it through chief minister`s quota
in suburban Powai a few years ago.
This was revealed by a source privy to investigation. The
flat was subsequently sold by Vijay, he said.
Sanjay Tiwari, the city activist whose PIL in Bombay High
Court led to the FIR against the former Mumbai Congress chief,
has also alleged "Vijay Singh, who was a government employee
in UP, had done this crime (forging documents to get domicile
certificate) in connivance with his father-in-law."
According to police sources, the government has
sanctioned hiring of a CA to help in the probe which will
require investigators to sift through bulky property
transaction documents and bank accounts.
"We have a mammoth task of going through each and every
document very carefully. A financial expert is the best person
to help us in this job. We usually hire CAs in complicated
cases. So we will hire a CA in this case," a source said.
Police teams were sent to carry out attachment process of
remaining properties of the former minister in Panvel in
adjoining Raigad district, Ratnagiri in Konkan and Uttar
Pradesh, his home state, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender