Police to seek CA help in Kripashanka `s case
Mumbai: Police will soon rope in a chartered
accountant to help them in probing the disproportionate assets
case against Congress leader Kripashankar Singh even as teams
were dispatched to attach his properties outside Mumbai.
In a related development, Singh`s son-in-law Vijay Singh
is alleged to have submitted forged domicile certificate to
enable transfer of a flat in his name from his beleaguered
father-in-law, who obtained it through chief minister`s quota
in suburban Powai a few years ago.
This was revealed by a source privy to investigation. The
flat was subsequently sold by Vijay, he said.
Sanjay Tiwari, the city activist whose PIL in Bombay High
Court led to the FIR against the former Mumbai Congress chief,
has also alleged "Vijay Singh, who was a government employee
in UP, had done this crime (forging documents to get domicile
certificate) in connivance with his father-in-law."
According to police sources, the government has
sanctioned hiring of a CA to help in the probe which will
require investigators to sift through bulky property
transaction documents and bank accounts.
"We have a mammoth task of going through each and every
document very carefully. A financial expert is the best person
to help us in this job. We usually hire CAs in complicated
cases. So we will hire a CA in this case," a source said.
Police teams were sent to carry out attachment process of
remaining properties of the former minister in Panvel in
adjoining Raigad district, Ratnagiri in Konkan and Uttar
Pradesh, his home state, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know