Police to seek Interpol help to crack Anoushka blackmail case
New Delhi: Delhi police has sought the
Interpol`s help to solve a criminal case relating to a threat
to blackmail Sitar maestro Ravi Shankar`s daughter Anoushka
Shankar on the basis of her private photographs.
The police told a court here that it sought the Interpol`s
assistance after it failed to procure the requisite specific
information from the Google Corporation regarding the e-mail
through which Anoushka was being allegedly blackmailed by
Mumbai-based businessman Junaid Khan.
The police suffered a setback in its probe as the
information received from the Google on the basis of letters
rogatory revealed that the hard-disc of Mumbai-based
businessman Junaid Khan`s laptop seized by the police did not
contain Anoushka`s photographs.
The Google had provided information to Delhi police on
US authorities instructions after a Delhi court issued letters
rogatory seeking the same. The information, however did not
"We could not get the specific information which we
sought from Google on the letters rogatory. We have sent a
letter to the Interpol with a request to get the information
from Google USA through authorities concerned," Delhi police
submitted in a supplementary chargesheet filed against accused
Junaid Khan, a Mumbai-based businessman, in the court of Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav.
The police, however, did not divulge details in the
chargesheet of the specific information it had sought from
The police said in its chargesheet that though Junaid had
created an e-mail ID to send threatening mails to Anoushka,
the records of the same was not found in his mobile phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing