Poll results prove we are No. 1 party, says NCP
Mumbai: The stunning victory in Navi
Mumbai municipal corporation elections and also a fair
amount of seats in polls in three other civic bodies has
prompted the Sharad Pawar-led party to claim that it was the
number one party in the state.
"NCP has secured 99 seats in these elections and it is
once again proved that we are the number one party," NCP
spokesperson Prakash Binsale said here today.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan spoke only about Navi
Mumbai polls. He said the results will help to rebuild the
organisation in Thane district.
"We could give tickets to all aspiring workers. We had
tried for an alliance with NCP. There were differences in two
three seats but then NCP decided to go alone," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly