Polygraph tests conducted on Malegaon accused
Mumbai: Brain mapping and polygraph tests are being conducted on suspects arrested in connection with the 2006 Malegaon blast case.
"Lie detector tests on Mohammed Ali and Asif Khan are ove,r while it has started on Shabir Ahmed," said defence lawyer Khalid Azmi adding doctors have begun brain mapping of Mohammed Ali at the Directorate of Forensic Sciences in Gujarat.
Earlier, the National Investigation Agency had moved an application in the special MCOCA court for conducting these tests after the nine accused in the case gave their consent.
The NIA had said, that it sought to get these tests done as some new facts had come to light.
The Malegaon blasts in September 2006 killed 37 people and injured more than 100.
The police arrested nine accused - Salman Farsi, Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif Khan, Javed Sheikh, Dr Faroogue Ansari and Abrar Ahmed- for their alleged involvement in the blast.
In December 2006, the case was handed over to the CBI but later the NIA took over the probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said