Post Bal Thackeray, Uddhav to meet party activists
Mumbai: After mourning Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray`s death, his son and party executive president Uddhav Thackeray will tour Maharashtra to interact with party activists, a party official said here on Saturday.
Thackeray`s tour will start on December 03 in western Maharashtra`s Kolhapur, where he will meet party workers and elected representatives from local bodies to the Parliament.
Similar meetings for various regions shall be held on December 05 in Nashik, December 07 in Ratnagiri, December 14 in Nagpur and December 16 in Aurangabad.
During those five days, Thackeray will meet activists from all the 35 districts of the state, besides workers of the Yuva Sena, headed by his son, Aditya, and other party organisations.
A majority of these meetings are scheduled as closed-door interactions, which will be attended by top party functionaries like Subhash Desai, Manohar Joshi, Liladhar Dake, Gajanand Kirtikar, Ramdas Kadam, Diwakar Raote and Sanjay Raut.
This will be Thackeray`s first independent attempt to reach out and strengthen his rapport with the party`s rank and file after his charismatic father`s death on November 17.
Prior to the tour, Thackeray is expected to take the final decision on the much-anticipated issue of who will be the next party chief after his father`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore