Post-Facebook comment outrage, Shaheen leaves for Guj
Mumbai: 21 year old Shaheen Dadha along with her family has left Palghar for her native place Gujarat after the furore over a Facebook post criticising shutdown during Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s funeral.
Shaheen’s father Farooq said that the decision to shift to Gujarat was taken as she wanted some peace and the family will return once the matter settles down, as per a Hindustan Times report.
Shaheen and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after Dhada had lamented in a Facebook post the November 18 shutdown due to Thackeray`s funeral. Shrinivasan had `liked` the post.
Though Dhada did not name Thackeray, a local Sena leader complained against the girls and police arrested the duo on November 19, sparking an outrage.
Speaking to CNN-IBN news channel, Shaheen said, “What I wrote on my facebook account was my opinion and I have no regrets.”
“The incidents what followed shouldn’t have happened… I don’t know why all this happened to me and my friend,” the 21-year old girl further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed