Post-Facebook comment outrage, Shaheen leaves for Guj
Mumbai: 21 year old Shaheen Dadha along with her family has left Palghar for her native place Gujarat after the furore over a Facebook post criticising shutdown during Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s funeral.
Shaheen’s father Farooq said that the decision to shift to Gujarat was taken as she wanted some peace and the family will return once the matter settles down, as per a Hindustan Times report.
Shaheen and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after Dhada had lamented in a Facebook post the November 18 shutdown due to Thackeray`s funeral. Shrinivasan had `liked` the post.
Though Dhada did not name Thackeray, a local Sena leader complained against the girls and police arrested the duo on November 19, sparking an outrage.
Speaking to CNN-IBN news channel, Shaheen said, “What I wrote on my facebook account was my opinion and I have no regrets.”
“The incidents what followed shouldn’t have happened… I don’t know why all this happened to me and my friend,” the 21-year old girl further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam