Post-Facebook comment outrage, Shaheen leaves for Guj
Mumbai: 21 year old Shaheen Dadha along with her family has left Palghar for her native place Gujarat after the furore over a Facebook post criticising shutdown during Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray`s funeral.
Shaheen’s father Farooq said that the decision to shift to Gujarat was taken as she wanted some peace and the family will return once the matter settles down, as per a Hindustan Times report.
Shaheen and Rinu Shrinivasan, both 21, were arrested after Dhada had lamented in a Facebook post the November 18 shutdown due to Thackeray`s funeral. Shrinivasan had `liked` the post.
Though Dhada did not name Thackeray, a local Sena leader complained against the girls and police arrested the duo on November 19, sparking an outrage.
Speaking to CNN-IBN news channel, Shaheen said, “What I wrote on my facebook account was my opinion and I have no regrets.”
“The incidents what followed shouldn’t have happened… I don’t know why all this happened to me and my friend,” the 21-year old girl further said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof