‘Power outages in Maha to impose Jaitapur project’
Mumbai: In the backdrop of prolonged load
shedding in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray on Sunday dubbed the power outages as a "political move"
by the Congress-NCP alliance government to impose Jaitapur
nuclear power project in Maharashtra.
"Yes, it can be a political move as we (Shiv Sena) are
opposing the Jaitapur project. Similarly, the nuclear projects
are opposed in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Even the
governments there are supporting the people who are opposing
the project," Udhav said.
He was speaking at the formal launch of an ambitious
project of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) under
which a total of 161 roads in the metropolis would be made of
concrete and asphalt at suburban Vikhroli here.
Referring to the nuclear power plant at Haripur in
Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal, Thackeray said,
"Congress wants to impose the nuclear project in Jaitapur. But
in West Bengal where they are in alliance with Mamata
Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress they are not saying a word".
"Congress can not dare say anything to Mamata Banerjee
who is opposing the project. PM will also not say anything,"
The BMC, ruled by Shiv Sena-BJP alliance, has been
drawing a flak over a period of time for deplorable condition
of roads in the metropolis.
"We have promised the Mumbaikars to give them roads
free of potholes. Elections keep coming. We will do more work
ahead of the elections as we have promised the people. We are
not going to sit quiet when criticisms are made at us. But
with more enthusiasm work would be done," he said.
Rejecting criticism that Shiv Sena has launched a
spree of inaugurations to woo voters ahead of the BMC
elections slated early next year, Uddhav said, "yes, we are
doing a good work as a reason we are inaugurating it (the
project) ahead of the BMC elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review