‘Power outages in Maha to impose Jaitapur project’
Mumbai: In the backdrop of prolonged load
shedding in Maharashtra, Shiv Sena executive president Uddhav
Thackeray on Sunday dubbed the power outages as a "political move"
by the Congress-NCP alliance government to impose Jaitapur
nuclear power project in Maharashtra.
"Yes, it can be a political move as we (Shiv Sena) are
opposing the Jaitapur project. Similarly, the nuclear projects
are opposed in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal. Even the
governments there are supporting the people who are opposing
the project," Udhav said.
He was speaking at the formal launch of an ambitious
project of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) under
which a total of 161 roads in the metropolis would be made of
concrete and asphalt at suburban Vikhroli here.
Referring to the nuclear power plant at Haripur in
Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal, Thackeray said,
"Congress wants to impose the nuclear project in Jaitapur. But
in West Bengal where they are in alliance with Mamata
Banerjee`s Trinamool Congress they are not saying a word".
"Congress can not dare say anything to Mamata Banerjee
who is opposing the project. PM will also not say anything,"
The BMC, ruled by Shiv Sena-BJP alliance, has been
drawing a flak over a period of time for deplorable condition
of roads in the metropolis.
"We have promised the Mumbaikars to give them roads
free of potholes. Elections keep coming. We will do more work
ahead of the elections as we have promised the people. We are
not going to sit quiet when criticisms are made at us. But
with more enthusiasm work would be done," he said.
Rejecting criticism that Shiv Sena has launched a
spree of inaugurations to woo voters ahead of the BMC
elections slated early next year, Uddhav said, "yes, we are
doing a good work as a reason we are inaugurating it (the
project) ahead of the BMC elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city