Powerful IED defused in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A 20-kg IED, planted by Maoists, in the district, was timely detected and defused by the police thus averting a major tragedy, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS), which was conducting an anti-naxal operation in the area, detected the explosive near Kumarguda nullah in Bhamragad taluka yesterday and immediately defused it, police said.
The BDDS also recovered two detonators and a booster from the spot, police said.
Gadchiroli SP Mohd Suvez Haque and other senior police and CRPF officers were on tour of the area where the explosives were detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III