Powerful IED defused in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A 20-kg IED, planted by Maoists, in the district, was timely detected and defused by the police thus averting a major tragedy, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS), which was conducting an anti-naxal operation in the area, detected the explosive near Kumarguda nullah in Bhamragad taluka yesterday and immediately defused it, police said.
The BDDS also recovered two detonators and a booster from the spot, police said.
Gadchiroli SP Mohd Suvez Haque and other senior police and CRPF officers were on tour of the area where the explosives were detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested