Powerful IED defused in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A 20-kg IED, planted by Maoists, in the district, was timely detected and defused by the police thus averting a major tragedy, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS), which was conducting an anti-naxal operation in the area, detected the explosive near Kumarguda nullah in Bhamragad taluka yesterday and immediately defused it, police said.
The BDDS also recovered two detonators and a booster from the spot, police said.
Gadchiroli SP Mohd Suvez Haque and other senior police and CRPF officers were on tour of the area where the explosives were detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm
- Kangana Ranaut turns GORGEOUS showstopper for Tarun Tahiliani at Lakme Fashion Week—Pics inside!