Powerful IED defused in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A 20-kg IED, planted by Maoists, in the district, was timely detected and defused by the police thus averting a major tragedy, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS), which was conducting an anti-naxal operation in the area, detected the explosive near Kumarguda nullah in Bhamragad taluka yesterday and immediately defused it, police said.
The BDDS also recovered two detonators and a booster from the spot, police said.
Gadchiroli SP Mohd Suvez Haque and other senior police and CRPF officers were on tour of the area where the explosives were detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan