Powerful IED defused in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: A 20-kg IED, planted by Maoists, in the district, was timely detected and defused by the police thus averting a major tragedy, officials said on Tuesday.
The bomb detection and disposal squad (BDDS), which was conducting an anti-naxal operation in the area, detected the explosive near Kumarguda nullah in Bhamragad taluka yesterday and immediately defused it, police said.
The BDDS also recovered two detonators and a booster from the spot, police said.
Gadchiroli SP Mohd Suvez Haque and other senior police and CRPF officers were on tour of the area where the explosives were detected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder