Prajapati case: Hearing on Shah`s discharge plea adjourned
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A special CBI court here today adjourned the hearing on the discharge application of BJP leader Amit Shah in the Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
While the hearing on the discharge plea is now likely to be held on June 25, the regular hearing of the case will take place on June 20, for which Shah is likely to appear before the court.
The court had, on May 9, issued summons to Shah, a BJP general secretary and Gujarat`s former Minister of State for Home, and other accused in the case, which had been transferred from Gujarat.
The CBI had charge-sheeted Shah and 18 others, including several police officers in the case last September.
According to CBI, gangster Sohrabuddin Sheikh, who was claimed to have links to Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba, and his wife Kauser Bi were abducted by Gujarat`s Anti-Terrorism Squad when they were on their way from Hyderabad to Sangli in Maharashtra and killed in an alleged fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005.
Tulsiram Prajapati, an eye-witness to the encounter, was killed by police at Chapri village in Banaskantha district of Gujarat in December 2006.
Shah, who was then Minister of State for Home, was allegedly involved in the conspiracy behind both the incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!