Pranab Mukherjee accorded warm welcome at Nagpur
Nagpur: President Pranab Mukherjee was accorded a warm welcome on his maiden visit to the city tonight, after occupying the highest office of the country, at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport.
Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice who is District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Mayor Anil Solem welcomed him at the airport.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan who was to receive Mukherjee at the airport, had to cancel his visit to the city after his wife`s indisposition in Mumbai.
The President drove to the Raj Bhawan for a night halt. Tomorow morning at 10.10 am, he will be the chief guest at the valedictory function of the 65th batch of IRS officer trainees at the premier institution, National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT).
The President will leave for Ranchi immediately after the function, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands