Pranab Mukherjee accorded warm welcome at Nagpur
Nagpur: President Pranab Mukherjee was accorded a warm welcome on his maiden visit to the city tonight, after occupying the highest office of the country, at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport.
Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice who is District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Mayor Anil Solem welcomed him at the airport.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan who was to receive Mukherjee at the airport, had to cancel his visit to the city after his wife`s indisposition in Mumbai.
The President drove to the Raj Bhawan for a night halt. Tomorow morning at 10.10 am, he will be the chief guest at the valedictory function of the 65th batch of IRS officer trainees at the premier institution, National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT).
The President will leave for Ranchi immediately after the function, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview