Pranab Mukherjee accorded warm welcome at Nagpur
Nagpur: President Pranab Mukherjee was accorded a warm welcome on his maiden visit to the city tonight, after occupying the highest office of the country, at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport.
Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice who is District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Mayor Anil Solem welcomed him at the airport.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan who was to receive Mukherjee at the airport, had to cancel his visit to the city after his wife`s indisposition in Mumbai.
The President drove to the Raj Bhawan for a night halt. Tomorow morning at 10.10 am, he will be the chief guest at the valedictory function of the 65th batch of IRS officer trainees at the premier institution, National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT).
The President will leave for Ranchi immediately after the function, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth