Pranab Mukherjee accorded warm welcome at Nagpur
Nagpur: President Pranab Mukherjee was accorded a warm welcome on his maiden visit to the city tonight, after occupying the highest office of the country, at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport.
Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice who is District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Mayor Anil Solem welcomed him at the airport.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan who was to receive Mukherjee at the airport, had to cancel his visit to the city after his wife`s indisposition in Mumbai.
The President drove to the Raj Bhawan for a night halt. Tomorow morning at 10.10 am, he will be the chief guest at the valedictory function of the 65th batch of IRS officer trainees at the premier institution, National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT).
The President will leave for Ranchi immediately after the function, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon