Pranab Mukherjee accorded warm welcome at Nagpur
Nagpur: President Pranab Mukherjee was accorded a warm welcome on his maiden visit to the city tonight, after occupying the highest office of the country, at the Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport.
Maharashtra Minister for Social Justice who is District Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe and Mayor Anil Solem welcomed him at the airport.
Maharashtra Governor K Sankaranarayanan who was to receive Mukherjee at the airport, had to cancel his visit to the city after his wife`s indisposition in Mumbai.
The President drove to the Raj Bhawan for a night halt. Tomorow morning at 10.10 am, he will be the chief guest at the valedictory function of the 65th batch of IRS officer trainees at the premier institution, National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT).
The President will leave for Ranchi immediately after the function, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'