Pranab to chair I-T academy event in Nagpur
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will chair the valedictory function of the passing out of the 64th batch of the Indian Revenue Service officers at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) in Nagpur on April 29.
NADT is the alma mater for the Income Tax cadre of IRS officials. A total of 115 young officers, including a few from foreign countries, will pass out.
The last time Mukherjee officiated as the chief guest at such an event was in 2010 when he was the Union Finance Minister.
The President will also award the best trainee officers during the event and will address the young officers and the top brass of the I-T department and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway