Pranab to chair I-T academy event in Nagpur
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will chair the valedictory function of the passing out of the 64th batch of the Indian Revenue Service officers at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) in Nagpur on April 29.
NADT is the alma mater for the Income Tax cadre of IRS officials. A total of 115 young officers, including a few from foreign countries, will pass out.
The last time Mukherjee officiated as the chief guest at such an event was in 2010 when he was the Union Finance Minister.
The President will also award the best trainee officers during the event and will address the young officers and the top brass of the I-T department and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'