Pranab to chair I-T academy event in Nagpur
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will chair the valedictory function of the passing out of the 64th batch of the Indian Revenue Service officers at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) in Nagpur on April 29.
NADT is the alma mater for the Income Tax cadre of IRS officials. A total of 115 young officers, including a few from foreign countries, will pass out.
The last time Mukherjee officiated as the chief guest at such an event was in 2010 when he was the Union Finance Minister.
The President will also award the best trainee officers during the event and will address the young officers and the top brass of the I-T department and the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...