Pravin Mahajan still critical
Thane: The condition of Pravin Mahajan,
who was admitted in a private hospital here after suffering a
brain haemorrhage, is still in a state of coma, doctors
attending on him said today.
Pravin, 50, serving a life term for the murder of his
brother and BJP leader Pramod Mahajan, was admitted in the
Jupiter Hospital last Friday after he complained of fatigue
and severe headache at home, is still in an unconscious
A team of doctors from the government Civil Hospital
recently visited Mahajan and confirmed his condition, sources
said, adding, the team will submit its independent report to
jail authorities and the state government.
"Pravin has suffered an extensive pontine haemorrhage
(brain haemorrhage). His condition is still critical and he is
deeply unconscious," the doctors said.
Pravin was found guilty of shooting his brother in
Mumbai on April 22, 2006. Pramod succumbed to bullet injuries
12 days later.
He was awarded life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in
December 2007 and lodged at the Nashik Central Jail. He was
released on a 14-day parole on November 27 reportedly on
Doctors treating him are making every effort for his
recovery but he has not been responding to the treatment,
hospital sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav