Pravin Mahajan still critical
Thane: The condition of Pravin Mahajan,
who was admitted in a private hospital here after suffering a
brain haemorrhage, is still in a state of coma, doctors
attending on him said today.
Pravin, 50, serving a life term for the murder of his
brother and BJP leader Pramod Mahajan, was admitted in the
Jupiter Hospital last Friday after he complained of fatigue
and severe headache at home, is still in an unconscious
A team of doctors from the government Civil Hospital
recently visited Mahajan and confirmed his condition, sources
said, adding, the team will submit its independent report to
jail authorities and the state government.
"Pravin has suffered an extensive pontine haemorrhage
(brain haemorrhage). His condition is still critical and he is
deeply unconscious," the doctors said.
Pravin was found guilty of shooting his brother in
Mumbai on April 22, 2006. Pramod succumbed to bullet injuries
12 days later.
He was awarded life imprisonment by a Mumbai court in
December 2007 and lodged at the Nashik Central Jail. He was
released on a 14-day parole on November 27 reportedly on
Doctors treating him are making every effort for his
recovery but he has not been responding to the treatment,
hospital sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok