Prez bungalow: Action sought against retd officer
Pune: The Defence Estates office (DEO) here on Thursday confirmed that it had sought action against Lt Col (Retd) Suresh Patil for putting up unauthorised structures on a plot of land rented out to him by a retired major, who holds the occupancy rights of the defence land premises.
Patil was in news recently after he launched a campaign against proposed post-retirement bungalow of President Pratibha Patil on a defence land at Khadki here. He has demanded that the land be utilised for housing the needy ex-servicemen.
The action was initiated against Patil after an inspection of his premises upon a complaint from Major (retd) DV Panse, Holder of the Occupancy Rights (HOR), who had leased a portion to Patil in 1993.
According to DEO, Patil allegedly put up unauthorised construction of about 1,600 sq ft on the premises, which houses an office of his NGO, `Justice for Jawans`.
When contacted, Patil said that the action against him was "vindictive", in view of his current campaign against the presidential bungalow, adding that he had filed an FIR against the officials who inspected his residential premises yesterday "without serving any notice", which amounted to a trespass.
He also denied that he had constructed any unauthorised structure.
The DEO had forwarded its report on the construction to Pune Cantonment Board for "necessary action", its spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened