Prez bungalow: Action sought against retd officer
Pune: The Defence Estates office (DEO) here on Thursday confirmed that it had sought action against Lt Col (Retd) Suresh Patil for putting up unauthorised structures on a plot of land rented out to him by a retired major, who holds the occupancy rights of the defence land premises.
Patil was in news recently after he launched a campaign against proposed post-retirement bungalow of President Pratibha Patil on a defence land at Khadki here. He has demanded that the land be utilised for housing the needy ex-servicemen.
The action was initiated against Patil after an inspection of his premises upon a complaint from Major (retd) DV Panse, Holder of the Occupancy Rights (HOR), who had leased a portion to Patil in 1993.
According to DEO, Patil allegedly put up unauthorised construction of about 1,600 sq ft on the premises, which houses an office of his NGO, `Justice for Jawans`.
When contacted, Patil said that the action against him was "vindictive", in view of his current campaign against the presidential bungalow, adding that he had filed an FIR against the officials who inspected his residential premises yesterday "without serving any notice", which amounted to a trespass.
He also denied that he had constructed any unauthorised structure.
The DEO had forwarded its report on the construction to Pune Cantonment Board for "necessary action", its spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?