Principal, 3 others booked for running bogus college
Yavatmal: 4 persons, including the
principal and 2 members of an education society, were booked
for running a bogus nursing college in Ralegaon, police said
"We have booked the principal of Bharatiya Nursing
College, Tarachand Pawar, his office clerk S T Deshmathure,
Directors of Trimurti Bahu-uddhesiya Shikshan Sanstha, N G
Deshmukh and Manohar Bobhate on a complaint lodged by students
of the college," Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of Ralegaon
Police Station, Santosh Shende said.
The college was started 3-4 months ago and the management
has given admission to 24 students after taking donations and
first instalment of tuition fee of Rs 4500 per students.
The scam was exposed when one of the complainants
approached Nursing Council of Maharashtra (NCM) to ascertain
if the college has the legal sanction from the body.
She was informed at NCM that college was never recognised
by it, police said.
"We have been duped and our precious one year has been
ruined by the accused," the students said, demanding strict
action against the accused.
"We are examining the entire episode and the culprits
would be nabbed in a day or two," Shende said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Ruias plan to sell another 25% stake in Essar Oil
- Microsoft CEO Nadella's debut book to come out in 2017
- Urvashi Rautela gives 'Resham Ka Rumaal' a sexy twist in 'Great Grand Masti' – Watch here
- Delhi Court frees Ex-DUSU President on a 2004 complaint by professor
- Daddy's girl! Bipasha Basu showers birthday wishes on papa dearest! – View pic