Principal, 3 others booked for running bogus college
Yavatmal: 4 persons, including the
principal and 2 members of an education society, were booked
for running a bogus nursing college in Ralegaon, police said
"We have booked the principal of Bharatiya Nursing
College, Tarachand Pawar, his office clerk S T Deshmathure,
Directors of Trimurti Bahu-uddhesiya Shikshan Sanstha, N G
Deshmukh and Manohar Bobhate on a complaint lodged by students
of the college," Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI) of Ralegaon
Police Station, Santosh Shende said.
The college was started 3-4 months ago and the management
has given admission to 24 students after taking donations and
first instalment of tuition fee of Rs 4500 per students.
The scam was exposed when one of the complainants
approached Nursing Council of Maharashtra (NCM) to ascertain
if the college has the legal sanction from the body.
She was informed at NCM that college was never recognised
by it, police said.
"We have been duped and our precious one year has been
ruined by the accused," the students said, demanding strict
action against the accused.
"We are examining the entire episode and the culprits
would be nabbed in a day or two," Shende said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics