Prisoner seeks parole to see his ailing mother in Mumbai
Mumbai: A prisoner serving life sentence in a murder case in Ratnagiri central jail, on Tuesday urged the Bombay High Court to release him on parole for a few days to see his ailing and bed-ridden mother.
The convict, Janardhan Baing, argued through his lawyer N N Gawankar that his mother was sick and was perhaps in her last days of life.
The lawyer urged the court to release the prisoner on parole so that he could be with her in the fag end of her life. He said the petitioner had been released on parole at least five to six times earlier and he had never misused the liberty granted to him and had always surrendered on time.
This time also, the prisoner said, he would abide by all the conditions imposed by the court if he was released on parole.
The convict had applied for release on parole to the Divisional Commissioner of Nagpur, who had rejected his plea. He then approached the Maharashtra Home Department, though no decision had been taken by the authorities.
Being aggrieved, he moved the high court bench headed by Justice S C Dharmadhikari, which would hear the matter tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?