Prithiviraj Chavan defends re-induction of Ajit Pawar in cabinet
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan on Sunday defended the decision to re-induct Ajit Pawar in the Cabinet stating that allegations levelled by Opposition against him would be dealt with on the floor of the House.
Terming the decision of the Opposition parties to boycott the customary tea party hosted by him as unfortunate, Chavan told reporters at a press conference that the government was willing to discuss all issues threadbare.
He, however, did not answer specific queries about the allegations against Pawar in the irrigation scam listed by Opposition parties in the `Black Paper` which they released today to counter the government`s white paper on status of irrigation projects.
Pawar, who was also present at the press conference, dared Opposition to raise the issue in the House and said that he would give a reply.
Chavan said the Anti-Superstition bill, which has been pending for long before the House, would be taken up in the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets