Prithviraj Chavan a very honourable man: Cong on flat row
New Delhi: Congress on Monday hailed
newly-appointed Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan
as a "very honourable man" seeking to dismiss the opposition`s
attack on him over possession of a flat in Mumbai.
"I am not aware of any such report but all of you have
dealt with Chavan in his various capacities in government and
the party and to say the least about him is that Prithviraj
Chavan is a very honourable man," party spokesperson Jayanthi
Natrajan told reporters here.
He was responding to questions on the allegations that
Chavan got a flat in Venus Society at Wadala through the Chief
Minister`s five per cent housing quota which was meant for the
BJP has demanded action against the Maharashtra Chief
Minister for allegedly hiding information about his ownership
of the flat in nomination papers of Rajya Sabha.
Sources close to Maharashtra Chief Minister have said
that he may surrender the flat in Wadala which he was given
through the MP quota.
They have said that the flat in Wadala was alloted in the
name of Chavan`s mother Premlabai Chavan in 2003 since she had
to be in the city for her cancer treatment.
But before the allotment process was completed, she
passed away. Since Chavan has always lived in Delhi, he never
felt the need to have a house in Mumbai. However, the Wadala
flat was then given in the name of Chavan himself through the
MP quota, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials