Prithviraj Chavan meets Ashok Chavan
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister designate Prithviraj Chavan on Thursday met his predecessor Ashok Chavan at his official residence here, party sources said.
Chavan was accompanied by MPCC Manikrao Thakre and Mumbai Congress Chief Kripashankar Singh. The meeting was a courtesy call and lasted for nearly an hour, they said.
Five NCP ministers will be sworn-in along with Chavan and Ajit Pawar at 1630 hrs today while from the Congress` side only Chavan will take oath of office and secrecy.
Meanwhile, AICC secretary Mohan Prakash and Union Social Justice Minister Mukul Wasnik will be in the city to discuss the process of govt formation with the state Congress
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'