Privilege motion against Maha CM over 26/11 report leakage
Nagpur: The opposition parties on Tuesday moved a
breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister, deputy
Chief Minister, Home Minister and Chief Secretary in the
assembly over leakage of Ram Pradhan Commission report on
Mumbai terror attack.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Shiv Sena group
leader Subhash Desai and MNS` Bala Nandgaonkar spoke on the
notice and insisted that the Speaker take up the matter.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he would first seek the
report from the government on leakage of report and decide on
admitting the motion.
The opposition had been criticising the ruling
Congress-NCP combine over leakage of report to media and even
threatened to table a copy of the report in the House.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan yesterday, during a press
conference, had downplayed the leakage saying "we will
crosscheck the authenticity of the copy of the report."
"Was the leaked report a genuine one?" he had asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?