Privilege motion against Maha CM over 26/11 report leakage
Nagpur: The opposition parties on Tuesday moved a
breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister, deputy
Chief Minister, Home Minister and Chief Secretary in the
assembly over leakage of Ram Pradhan Commission report on
Mumbai terror attack.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Shiv Sena group
leader Subhash Desai and MNS` Bala Nandgaonkar spoke on the
notice and insisted that the Speaker take up the matter.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he would first seek the
report from the government on leakage of report and decide on
admitting the motion.
The opposition had been criticising the ruling
Congress-NCP combine over leakage of report to media and even
threatened to table a copy of the report in the House.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan yesterday, during a press
conference, had downplayed the leakage saying "we will
crosscheck the authenticity of the copy of the report."
"Was the leaked report a genuine one?" he had asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...