Privilege motion against Maha CM over 26/11 report leakage
Nagpur: The opposition parties on Tuesday moved a
breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister, deputy
Chief Minister, Home Minister and Chief Secretary in the
assembly over leakage of Ram Pradhan Commission report on
Mumbai terror attack.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Shiv Sena group
leader Subhash Desai and MNS` Bala Nandgaonkar spoke on the
notice and insisted that the Speaker take up the matter.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he would first seek the
report from the government on leakage of report and decide on
admitting the motion.
The opposition had been criticising the ruling
Congress-NCP combine over leakage of report to media and even
threatened to table a copy of the report in the House.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan yesterday, during a press
conference, had downplayed the leakage saying "we will
crosscheck the authenticity of the copy of the report."
"Was the leaked report a genuine one?" he had asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog