Privilege motion against Maha CM over 26/11 report leakage
Nagpur: The opposition parties on Tuesday moved a
breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister, deputy
Chief Minister, Home Minister and Chief Secretary in the
assembly over leakage of Ram Pradhan Commission report on
Mumbai terror attack.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Shiv Sena group
leader Subhash Desai and MNS` Bala Nandgaonkar spoke on the
notice and insisted that the Speaker take up the matter.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he would first seek the
report from the government on leakage of report and decide on
admitting the motion.
The opposition had been criticising the ruling
Congress-NCP combine over leakage of report to media and even
threatened to table a copy of the report in the House.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan yesterday, during a press
conference, had downplayed the leakage saying "we will
crosscheck the authenticity of the copy of the report."
"Was the leaked report a genuine one?" he had asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption