Privilege motion against Maha CM over 26/11 report leakage
Nagpur: The opposition parties on Tuesday moved a
breach of privilege motion against Chief Minister, deputy
Chief Minister, Home Minister and Chief Secretary in the
assembly over leakage of Ram Pradhan Commission report on
Mumbai terror attack.
Opposition Leader Eknath Khadse (BJP), Shiv Sena group
leader Subhash Desai and MNS` Bala Nandgaonkar spoke on the
notice and insisted that the Speaker take up the matter.
Speaker Dilip Walse Patil said he would first seek the
report from the government on leakage of report and decide on
admitting the motion.
The opposition had been criticising the ruling
Congress-NCP combine over leakage of report to media and even
threatened to table a copy of the report in the House.
Chief Minister Ashok Chavan yesterday, during a press
conference, had downplayed the leakage saying "we will
crosscheck the authenticity of the copy of the report."
"Was the leaked report a genuine one?" he had asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical