Priya Dutt slams Raj Thackeray over malaria remarks
New Delhi: Congress MP Priya Dutt Monday described MNS Chief Raj Thackeray`s comments accusing migrants for spread of malaria in Mumbai as an attempt at "making a
mockery" of the whole issue.
"This is not a scientific explanation about the spread of malaria. The mosquitoes are not selective about whom they bite or do not bite. His comments make a mockery of the whole thing," she told reporters.
Dutt said the plight of Mumbaiites due to malaria was "very sad" and accused the government hospitals of lacking in proper treatment facilities to deal with the crisis.
"The problem is to be attributed to the Bombay Municipal Corporation for the problems being faced by the people. Action has to be taken. It is a serious matter," Dutt said.
Thackeray had said the migrants to Maharashtra were responsible for the spread of malaria and they had flooded the hospitals leaving no space for patients who hailed from the state.
Several areas of Mumbai are affected after the onset of monsoon in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you