Pro-Vidarbha Congressmen demands statehood
Nagpur: Pro-Vidarbha Congress workers on Sunday
staged a day-long sit-in demonstration here demanding separate
statehood for the region.
The agitation was led by former Union Minister and MP
Vilas Muttemwar at Sitabuldi area in the city.
Muttemwar said he has sent a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh urging him to listen to the justification for
the creation of separate Vidarbha state.
Trade organisations like Vidarbha Industries Association
(VIA), Vidarbha Economic Council (VED) and Nagpur Chamber of
Commerce Limited extended their support to the agitation.
Kamla Bua won Sagar Mayoral elections as an Independent
candidate defeating her nearest BJP rival Suman Ahirwar with a
margin of 43,433 votes last month.
"Let the people who are claiming that I am not a member
of scheduled caste prove their allegations right," Kamla Bua
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB