Pro-Vidarbha Congressmen demands statehood
Nagpur: Pro-Vidarbha Congress workers on Sunday
staged a day-long sit-in demonstration here demanding separate
statehood for the region.
The agitation was led by former Union Minister and MP
Vilas Muttemwar at Sitabuldi area in the city.
Muttemwar said he has sent a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh urging him to listen to the justification for
the creation of separate Vidarbha state.
Trade organisations like Vidarbha Industries Association
(VIA), Vidarbha Economic Council (VED) and Nagpur Chamber of
Commerce Limited extended their support to the agitation.
Kamla Bua won Sagar Mayoral elections as an Independent
candidate defeating her nearest BJP rival Suman Ahirwar with a
margin of 43,433 votes last month.
"Let the people who are claiming that I am not a member
of scheduled caste prove their allegations right," Kamla Bua
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH