Probe role of other senior Cong leaders in Adarsh scam: BJP
Mumbai: Following the chargesheet filed against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh scam, the Opposition BJP on Wednesday said there is also a need for probing the role of other "senior Congress leaders".
"Although the CBI was late in filing the charge sheet (against Chavan), but now the investigation should also be done in the role played by others (bureaucrats and ministers) in clearing the Adarsh society files," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse told a news agency.
Without naming former chief ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh, who are also under the scanner in the case, Khadse said there are "other senior leaders" also who gave the nod for the Adarsh society project and their signatures are there on the files.
"All those who have handled the file and gave permission (for the Adarsh society) should be probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption