Probe role of other senior Cong leaders in Adarsh scam: BJP
Mumbai: Following the chargesheet filed against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh scam, the Opposition BJP on Wednesday said there is also a need for probing the role of other "senior Congress leaders".
"Although the CBI was late in filing the charge sheet (against Chavan), but now the investigation should also be done in the role played by others (bureaucrats and ministers) in clearing the Adarsh society files," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse told a news agency.
Without naming former chief ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh, who are also under the scanner in the case, Khadse said there are "other senior leaders" also who gave the nod for the Adarsh society project and their signatures are there on the files.
"All those who have handled the file and gave permission (for the Adarsh society) should be probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!