Probe role of other senior Cong leaders in Adarsh scam: BJP
Mumbai: Following the chargesheet filed against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh scam, the Opposition BJP on Wednesday said there is also a need for probing the role of other "senior Congress leaders".
"Although the CBI was late in filing the charge sheet (against Chavan), but now the investigation should also be done in the role played by others (bureaucrats and ministers) in clearing the Adarsh society files," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse told a news agency.
Without naming former chief ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh, who are also under the scanner in the case, Khadse said there are "other senior leaders" also who gave the nod for the Adarsh society project and their signatures are there on the files.
"All those who have handled the file and gave permission (for the Adarsh society) should be probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Asia markets move cautiously ahead of bank meetings