Probe role of other senior Cong leaders in Adarsh scam: BJP
Mumbai: Following the chargesheet filed against former Maharashtra chief minister Ashok Chavan in the Adarsh scam, the Opposition BJP on Wednesday said there is also a need for probing the role of other "senior Congress leaders".
"Although the CBI was late in filing the charge sheet (against Chavan), but now the investigation should also be done in the role played by others (bureaucrats and ministers) in clearing the Adarsh society files," Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse told a news agency.
Without naming former chief ministers Sushil Kumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh, who are also under the scanner in the case, Khadse said there are "other senior leaders" also who gave the nod for the Adarsh society project and their signatures are there on the files.
"All those who have handled the file and gave permission (for the Adarsh society) should be probed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT