Probing to find if terrorists behind blasts: Patil
Pune: Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Thursday said investigating agencies were probing all angles to determine whether any terror outfit was behind the low intensity serial bomb blasts that rocked the city last night.
"Whether it was a terrorist act or not will be determined only after proper investigations are carried out by Maharashtra ATS, city crime branch and central agencies," Patil told reporters after visiting the four blast sites on J M Road here.
Four coordinated low-intensity explosions struck the busy arterial J M road in the heart of Pune last night.The explosions occurred at Jangli Maharaj(JM) road at spots near Balgandharva Theatre, Dena Bank branch, a McDonald food outlet and Garware Bridge.
Asked whether there could be a "saffron terror" angle to the incident, he said, "All angles are being probed and it will not be proper to comment at this stage."
He said the person injured in one of the blasts-- near Bal Gandharva theatre -- was being treated for minor injuries.
The injured person-- Dayanand Patil, who hails from a nearby village of Uruli Kanchan, had reportedly visited the spot opposite the Balgandharva Theatre, where a `dharna` agitation by India Against Corruption (IAC) was in progress.
After he left the place, the explosive, which had apparently been put in his carry bag, exploded on the way, police sources said.
Unconfirmed reports said ammonium nitrate could have been the substance used in the blast triggered by small detonators and pencil cells.
Police have also issued an advisory to IAC activists to wind up the dharna pandal for security reasons.
Life in the city returned to normal late night as the blasts did not cause any large scale damage.
Police have appealed to people to ignore rumours and carry on daily routine without fear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users