Process for formation of Third Front with MNS underway: PWP
Mumbai: Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) leader Jayant Patil on Friday said the process of formation of Third Front was underway in Maharashtra.
Talking to reporters, Patil said he along with Vinay Kore of Jansurajya Shakti Party and Nashik-based independent member of Legislative Council Apurva Hiray met MNS president Raj Thackeray yesterday to discuss formation of a non Congress-NCP and non Shiv Sena-BJP front ahead of the elections.
"Leaders of CPI and CPM were also present and they have sought permission from their central leadership to join our front," Patil said, adding that the front might take final shape in the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends