Process to build garden in Thackeray`s memory almost over
Mumbai: The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of the late Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray is nearly complete, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner Sitaram Kunte said on Wednesday.
"The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of Bal Thackeray is nearly complete," Kunte told reporters.
Balasaheb had planted a sapling at a particular place in Shivaji park on his 75 birthday. "The landscaped garden will come up at that spot," he said.
After the Sena supremo`s demise, an all-party group leaders` meeting was held at BMC headquarters where a resolution was passed to construct a garden at Shivaji Park.
"After the administrative process is complete, the garden department of the civic body will be directed to beautify the area," he said, adding that the BMC has already demarcated the area.
However, he did not clarify when the project will be completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16