Process to build garden in Thackeray`s memory almost over
Mumbai: The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of the late Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray is nearly complete, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner Sitaram Kunte said on Wednesday.
"The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of Bal Thackeray is nearly complete," Kunte told reporters.
Balasaheb had planted a sapling at a particular place in Shivaji park on his 75 birthday. "The landscaped garden will come up at that spot," he said.
After the Sena supremo`s demise, an all-party group leaders` meeting was held at BMC headquarters where a resolution was passed to construct a garden at Shivaji Park.
"After the administrative process is complete, the garden department of the civic body will be directed to beautify the area," he said, adding that the BMC has already demarcated the area.
However, he did not clarify when the project will be completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145