Process to build garden in Thackeray`s memory almost over
Mumbai: The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of the late Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray is nearly complete, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner Sitaram Kunte said on Wednesday.
"The administrative process to build a landscaped garden in memory of Bal Thackeray is nearly complete," Kunte told reporters.
Balasaheb had planted a sapling at a particular place in Shivaji park on his 75 birthday. "The landscaped garden will come up at that spot," he said.
After the Sena supremo`s demise, an all-party group leaders` meeting was held at BMC headquarters where a resolution was passed to construct a garden at Shivaji Park.
"After the administrative process is complete, the garden department of the civic body will be directed to beautify the area," he said, adding that the BMC has already demarcated the area.
However, he did not clarify when the project will be completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam