Prof accused of sexual harassment gets 2-day police custody in Maha
Thane: Dr Shaileshwar Natarajan, a professor at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College here, arrested for allegedly molesting or misbehaving with several female students, was today remanded in a two-day police custody by a local court.
Natarajan, arrested last night, was today produced before a magistrate. He is facing a case under section 354 A (sexual harassment) of the Indian Penal Code.
Senior Inspector R D Malekar of Kalwa police station who is probing the case said police registered the case against the professor after the college dean C Maitra filed a complaint, based on the report of an internal fact-finding committee.
The committee was set up when several female students complained of molestation or misbehaviour by Dr Natarajan.
He has been suspended from his post already.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!