Prof accused of sexual harassment gets 2-day police custody in Maha
Thane: Dr Shaileshwar Natarajan, a professor at Rajiv Gandhi Medical College here, arrested for allegedly molesting or misbehaving with several female students, was today remanded in a two-day police custody by a local court.
Natarajan, arrested last night, was today produced before a magistrate. He is facing a case under section 354 A (sexual harassment) of the Indian Penal Code.
Senior Inspector R D Malekar of Kalwa police station who is probing the case said police registered the case against the professor after the college dean C Maitra filed a complaint, based on the report of an internal fact-finding committee.
The committee was set up when several female students complained of molestation or misbehaviour by Dr Natarajan.
He has been suspended from his post already.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt