Prof Hatekar re-instated; to face dept inquiry: Mumbai University
Mumbai: Mumbai University has reinstated an economics professor, who was suspended by the Vice Chancellor for holding a press conference to criticise the functioning of the educational institution.
A statement from the university today said the suspension of professor Neeraj Hatekar has been revoked considering public demand and students` welfare.
A one-member fact-finding committee appointed by VC Rajan Weluk to probe Hatekar`s conduct and the issues raised by him made a presentation to the Management Council yesterday.
The Management Council discussed the issue for over 10 hours, the statement said.
The probe found no basis of Hatekar`s charges against the functioning of the university. It also said the Management Council`s decision and VC`s action of suspending him under Section 14(4) of Maharashtra Universities Act, earlier this month, was proper.
The Management Council has recommended that retired Judge D G Deshpande head the departmental inquiry against Hatekar. As part of natural justice, Hatekar be called for his version as well, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city