Promoter of Adarsh Society, 3 others get bail
Mumbai: A special CBI Court here on Tuesday granted bail to former Congress MLC and a promoter of
scam-tainted Adarsh Housing Society, Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, his
son and two others, arrested in a bribery case.
Gidwani, his son Kailash, J K Jagiasi, tax consultant
and CBI Counsel Mandar Goswami were granted bail in the sum of
Rs 50,000 each subject to certain conditions.
They have been warned not to tamper with evidence,
cooperate in investigations and appear before CBI regularly
in connection with the case registered against them.
CBI had arrested Gidwani, Kailash, Goswami and
Jagiasi on March 5, alleging that Gidwani had paid Rs 1.25
crore to Jagiasi to influence CBI officials and dilute the
case against them.
According to CBI, all of them were involved in the
conspiracy to pay bribe. Goswami had allegedly got Rs 25
lakhs in the transaction, it was alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!