Prostitution racket busted in Mumbai
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday claimed to have
busted a prostitution racket with the arrest of 18 persons,
including 12 bar girls, at Dadar area in Central Mumbai.
Acting on a tip-off that Baywatch bar and restaurant was
kept open till late night and was involved in flesh trade, a
raid was conducted there at around two am today, Senior
Inspector of Bhoiwada police station V Patil said.
A team led by DCP S Baviskar went inside the bar in plain
cloths and found that the bar girls were behaving in "vulgar
manner" and illegal activities were going on, he said, adding
that 18 persons were nabbed in this connection.
"Among the arrested, 12 were bar girls. Further
investigations are on," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state