Prostitution racket busted in Mumbai
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday claimed to have
busted a prostitution racket with the arrest of 18 persons,
including 12 bar girls, at Dadar area in Central Mumbai.
Acting on a tip-off that Baywatch bar and restaurant was
kept open till late night and was involved in flesh trade, a
raid was conducted there at around two am today, Senior
Inspector of Bhoiwada police station V Patil said.
A team led by DCP S Baviskar went inside the bar in plain
cloths and found that the bar girls were behaving in "vulgar
manner" and illegal activities were going on, he said, adding
that 18 persons were nabbed in this connection.
"Among the arrested, 12 were bar girls. Further
investigations are on," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP