Prostitution racket busted in Mumbai
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday claimed to have
busted a prostitution racket with the arrest of 18 persons,
including 12 bar girls, at Dadar area in Central Mumbai.
Acting on a tip-off that Baywatch bar and restaurant was
kept open till late night and was involved in flesh trade, a
raid was conducted there at around two am today, Senior
Inspector of Bhoiwada police station V Patil said.
A team led by DCP S Baviskar went inside the bar in plain
cloths and found that the bar girls were behaving in "vulgar
manner" and illegal activities were going on, he said, adding
that 18 persons were nabbed in this connection.
"Among the arrested, 12 were bar girls. Further
investigations are on," Patil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth