Prostitution racket busted in Mumbai
Mumbai: Mumbai Police on Wednesday claimed to have
busted a prostitution racket with the arrest of 18 persons,
including 12 bar girls, at Dadar area in Central Mumbai.
Acting on a tip-off that Baywatch bar and restaurant was
kept open till late night and was involved in flesh trade, a
raid was conducted there at around two am today, Senior
Inspector of Bhoiwada police station V Patil said.
A team led by DCP S Baviskar went inside the bar in plain
cloths and found that the bar girls were behaving in "vulgar
manner" and illegal activities were going on, he said, adding
that 18 persons were nabbed in this connection.
"Among the arrested, 12 were bar girls. Further
investigations are on," Patil said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed