Protest breaks out in Aurangabad
Aurangabad: Protesters burnt banners and hoardings of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar soon after he addressed a public meeting at a stadium here during his `Adhikar yatra` on Wednesday, police said.
The protestors, including contractual teachers and students, at Ramesh Chowk shouted slogans and began tearing down banners, posters and set them ablaze as soon as the Chief Minister left the Anugrah Narayan Stadium here, the sources said.
The protestors were chased away by the police.
Superintendent of Police Daljit Singh said that additional policemen were deployed as a precautionary measure and peace has been restored.
The Chief Minister had met a delegation of contractual teachers and assured them that the state government would consider their demands, including wage hike, sympathetically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling