Protests in Nagpur over Bodh Gaya serial blasts
Nagpur: A large number of supporters and followers of BR Ambedkar and others on Sunday staged a demonstration here to protest the serial blasts at the world famous pilgrimage town of Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
Holding placards, banners and Panchsheel flags, the protesters gathered at the Reserve Bank square (Samvidhan Chowk) in the city and condemned the blasts.
They shouted slogans and stopped vehicular traffic, which was then diverted from the square.
Some Buddhists monks were also part of the demonstration, police and eye witnesses said.
Nine low-intensity serial blasts rocked the Maha Bodhi Temple complex and adjacent areas today, leaving two monks injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket