Provide Sachan`s autopsy report copy to family: HC
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad
High Court on Friday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to
provide a copy of autopsy report of deputy Chief Medical
Officer YS Sachan to his family members.
The direction was issued by the vacation bench of
Justices Shabihul Hasnain and Vedpal on an application moved
in a pending PIL filed by a local scribe seeking direction for
a CBI probe into swindling of funds under National Rural
The petitioner moved an application seeking second
autopsy of Sachan by an independent panel of doctors.
In his application the petitioner annexed affidavits of
Sachan`s wife Malti and elder brother RK Sachan demanding a
CBI probe into the death as they have no faith in police
Sachan, the main accused in the murder of CMO (Family
Welfare) BP Singh, was found was found hanging from a ceiling
fan in a toilet of Lucknow district jail hospital on June 22
and the autopsy was performed by a panel of five doctors
The state government had termed the death as a prima
facie case of suicide, however, Sachan`s family rejected the
theory and termed it as murder.
Sachan`s wife and brother in separate affidavits
submitted that they were not present at the time of post
mortem of Sachan.
"The deponents categorically state that family members
of Sachan were not allowed in the room where the post mortem
was being conducted," the two affidavits said.
However, the application was disposed off by the court
without any specific order on the second autopsy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress