Pune: 70 people hospitalised for food poisoning
Pune: At least 70 people across the city were
hospitalised for food poisoning after consuming items made out
of Moraiyo (Bhagar) flour, used for preparing fasting food,
officials said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night, after 70-80 persons
from various places complained of vomiting following the
flour consumption and were admitted to Shashwat, Sahyadri, and
Sanjeevan hospitals besides Sutar dispensary of PMC, said Dr
RR Pardeshi, Chief Health Officer of Pune Municipal
The affected persons mostly hailed from Kishkindhanagar,
Sutardara and Gosavi Vasti area of Kothrud here.
More than 50 patients were treated at Shashwat Hospital
for food poisoning due to consumption of `Bhagar` flour,
Casualty Medical Officer, Dr Bhagyashri Oturkar said.
Many others were referred to other hospitals for
treatment, she said.
Also, around 60 kg of loose and packed `Bhagar` flour was
seized from a shop here.
"We have sent the `Bhagar` specimen for testing in the
public health laboratory. Our squad also raided a shop in the
market yard in Gultekdi. We are taking action with the help of
State`s Food and Adulteration department. We have also raided
a `Bhagar` flour mill in Nashik," Pardeshi said.
The condition of all the patients is stable now and some
have been discharged also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you