Pune: 70 people hospitalised for food poisoning
Pune: At least 70 people across the city were
hospitalised for food poisoning after consuming items made out
of Moraiyo (Bhagar) flour, used for preparing fasting food,
officials said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night, after 70-80 persons
from various places complained of vomiting following the
flour consumption and were admitted to Shashwat, Sahyadri, and
Sanjeevan hospitals besides Sutar dispensary of PMC, said Dr
RR Pardeshi, Chief Health Officer of Pune Municipal
The affected persons mostly hailed from Kishkindhanagar,
Sutardara and Gosavi Vasti area of Kothrud here.
More than 50 patients were treated at Shashwat Hospital
for food poisoning due to consumption of `Bhagar` flour,
Casualty Medical Officer, Dr Bhagyashri Oturkar said.
Many others were referred to other hospitals for
treatment, she said.
Also, around 60 kg of loose and packed `Bhagar` flour was
seized from a shop here.
"We have sent the `Bhagar` specimen for testing in the
public health laboratory. Our squad also raided a shop in the
market yard in Gultekdi. We are taking action with the help of
State`s Food and Adulteration department. We have also raided
a `Bhagar` flour mill in Nashik," Pardeshi said.
The condition of all the patients is stable now and some
have been discharged also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday