Pune: 70 people hospitalised for food poisoning
Pune: At least 70 people across the city were
hospitalised for food poisoning after consuming items made out
of Moraiyo (Bhagar) flour, used for preparing fasting food,
officials said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night, after 70-80 persons
from various places complained of vomiting following the
flour consumption and were admitted to Shashwat, Sahyadri, and
Sanjeevan hospitals besides Sutar dispensary of PMC, said Dr
RR Pardeshi, Chief Health Officer of Pune Municipal
The affected persons mostly hailed from Kishkindhanagar,
Sutardara and Gosavi Vasti area of Kothrud here.
More than 50 patients were treated at Shashwat Hospital
for food poisoning due to consumption of `Bhagar` flour,
Casualty Medical Officer, Dr Bhagyashri Oturkar said.
Many others were referred to other hospitals for
treatment, she said.
Also, around 60 kg of loose and packed `Bhagar` flour was
seized from a shop here.
"We have sent the `Bhagar` specimen for testing in the
public health laboratory. Our squad also raided a shop in the
market yard in Gultekdi. We are taking action with the help of
State`s Food and Adulteration department. We have also raided
a `Bhagar` flour mill in Nashik," Pardeshi said.
The condition of all the patients is stable now and some
have been discharged also, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference