Pune: 70 people hospitalised for food poisoning
Pune: At least 70 people across the city were
hospitalised for food poisoning after consuming items made out
of Moraiyo (Bhagar) flour, used for preparing fasting food,
officials said on Thursday.
The incident took place last night, after 70-80 persons
from various places complained of vomiting following the
flour consumption and were admitted to Shashwat, Sahyadri, and
Sanjeevan hospitals besides Sutar dispensary of PMC, said Dr
RR Pardeshi, Chief Health Officer of Pune Municipal
The affected persons mostly hailed from Kishkindhanagar,
Sutardara and Gosavi Vasti area of Kothrud here.
More than 50 patients were treated at Shashwat Hospital
for food poisoning due to consumption of `Bhagar` flour,
Casualty Medical Officer, Dr Bhagyashri Oturkar said.
Many others were referred to other hospitals for
treatment, she said.
Also, around 60 kg of loose and packed `Bhagar` flour was
seized from a shop here.
"We have sent the `Bhagar` specimen for testing in the
public health laboratory. Our squad also raided a shop in the
market yard in Gultekdi. We are taking action with the help of
State`s Food and Adulteration department. We have also raided
a `Bhagar` flour mill in Nashik," Pardeshi said.
The condition of all the patients is stable now and some
have been discharged also, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore