Pune: Anna supporters asked to cancel protest
Pune: A day after the low intensity serial bomb blasts rocked Pune, Team Anna supporters on Thursday were asked to cancel their protest in the city.
There were four low intensity blasts in Pune in a span of about 40 minutes last evening.
The supporters of social activist Anna Hazare were demonstrating near Balgandharva theatre, one of the places where the bombs exploded on the city`s Jangli Maharaj Road.
With safety aspect in mind, the police have withdrawn the permission granted to Anna supporters for their public gathering.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in New Delhi in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth