Pune: Anna supporters asked to cancel protest
Pune: A day after the low intensity serial bomb blasts rocked Pune, Team Anna supporters on Thursday were asked to cancel their protest in the city.
There were four low intensity blasts in Pune in a span of about 40 minutes last evening.
The supporters of social activist Anna Hazare were demonstrating near Balgandharva theatre, one of the places where the bombs exploded on the city`s Jangli Maharaj Road.
With safety aspect in mind, the police have withdrawn the permission granted to Anna supporters for their public gathering.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in New Delhi in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad