Pune: Anna supporters asked to cancel protest
Pune: A day after the low intensity serial bomb blasts rocked Pune, Team Anna supporters on Thursday were asked to cancel their protest in the city.
There were four low intensity blasts in Pune in a span of about 40 minutes last evening.
The supporters of social activist Anna Hazare were demonstrating near Balgandharva theatre, one of the places where the bombs exploded on the city`s Jangli Maharaj Road.
With safety aspect in mind, the police have withdrawn the permission granted to Anna supporters for their public gathering.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in New Delhi in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference