Pune: Anna supporters asked to cancel protest
Pune: A day after the low intensity serial bomb blasts rocked Pune, Team Anna supporters on Thursday were asked to cancel their protest in the city.
There were four low intensity blasts in Pune in a span of about 40 minutes last evening.
The supporters of social activist Anna Hazare were demonstrating near Balgandharva theatre, one of the places where the bombs exploded on the city`s Jangli Maharaj Road.
With safety aspect in mind, the police have withdrawn the permission granted to Anna supporters for their public gathering.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in New Delhi in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Apple quarterly profit slides 27% to $7.8 billion
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists