Pune: Anna supporters asked to cancel protest
Pune: A day after the low intensity serial bomb blasts rocked Pune, Team Anna supporters on Thursday were asked to cancel their protest in the city.
There were four low intensity blasts in Pune in a span of about 40 minutes last evening.
The supporters of social activist Anna Hazare were demonstrating near Balgandharva theatre, one of the places where the bombs exploded on the city`s Jangli Maharaj Road.
With safety aspect in mind, the police have withdrawn the permission granted to Anna supporters for their public gathering.
Anna Hazare and some of his close associates are on an indefinite fast in New Delhi in support of their demands for a strong anti-graft Jan Lokpal Bill and a probe into allegations of corruption against some union ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!