Pune blast accused allege that ATS took signatures on blank papers
Mumbai: The Pune blast case accused alleged here on Wednesday that Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials forcibly took their signatures on blank papers after physically harassing them in custody.
Munib Iqbal Memon, Farooq Bagwan and Kashif Biyabani, arrested in connection with the Pune blasts, moved an application before the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today, making the allegation.
ATS will now file a reply to the allegations.
Four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions had struck the busy arterial road in the heart of Pune on August 1 last year at spots near Balgandharva Theatre, Dena Bank branch, McDonald outlet and Garware bridge, on Jangli Maharaj Road.
Bunty Jahagirdar, who was picked up from Shrirampur taluka of Ahmednagar district, was also produced in the MCOCA court.
ATS is currently investigating his suspected role in funding the Pune attacks and providing explosives to Ahmednagar`s Irfan Landge who was arrested earlier for his role in the blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read