Pune blast accused allege that ATS took signatures on blank papers
Mumbai: The Pune blast case accused alleged here on Wednesday that Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) officials forcibly took their signatures on blank papers after physically harassing them in custody.
Munib Iqbal Memon, Farooq Bagwan and Kashif Biyabani, arrested in connection with the Pune blasts, moved an application before the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court today, making the allegation.
ATS will now file a reply to the allegations.
Four co-ordinated low-intensity explosions had struck the busy arterial road in the heart of Pune on August 1 last year at spots near Balgandharva Theatre, Dena Bank branch, McDonald outlet and Garware bridge, on Jangli Maharaj Road.
Bunty Jahagirdar, who was picked up from Shrirampur taluka of Ahmednagar district, was also produced in the MCOCA court.
ATS is currently investigating his suspected role in funding the Pune attacks and providing explosives to Ahmednagar`s Irfan Landge who was arrested earlier for his role in the blasts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened