Pune blast accused identified: Maharashtra govt
The Maharashtra government today said police have identified the February 13 Pune blast accused.
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government today said
police have identified the February 13 Pune blast accused.
"The police department has zeroed in on the Pune blast
accused. We have identified them and will soon reveal more
information about the case," Home Minister R R Patil told the
He also said there is coordination between Central and
state agencies on security issue. "The state government
received 35 alerts during January to March this year. Security
measures were taken based on the terror alerts," Patil said.
On law and order situation, the minister said crime rates
have declined in the state and quoted figures from last year
data. "Murders and dacoity have gone down by five per cent,
theft by three per cent, riots by 13 per cent, damage in
communal riots by 66 per cent and crime against women by two
per cent," Patil said.
On people working in the state on tourist visa, Patil
said, "There are complaints that people from Bangladesh,
Nigeria and Nepal come on tourist visa and work here. The Home
Department would not allow it."
Referring to the low compensation police get for their
leave cancelled, Patil said the government is okay with giving
the total salary for the leave cancelled by the department.
Houses would be given to policemen on a `no profit no
loss` basis, he said.
The government has planned to give Rs 1,386 crore to
Naxal affected areas in the state. The focus would be on
development in the area to fight the problem, he said.
"The Centre should find and cut off financial resources
of the Naxal movement to break their support," Patil said.
An university would be set up in Naxal-hit Gadchiroli
area, he said.