Pune blast case: Custody of IM operatives extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended the police custody of a suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative allegedly involved in the Aug 1 Pune blast, police said Saturday.
The duty magistrate of Tis Hazari courts complex Saturday extended the police custody of Sayed Firoz alias Hamza, 38, to four days till Oct 31.
The court sent two other accused in the case - Asad Khan, 33, and Imran Khan, 31 - to judicial custody till Nov 9.
The accused were produced in the court by Delhi Police after the expiry of their 10-day police custody granted by the court Oct 17.
Asad and Imran were arrested from south Delhi Sep 26 when they reportedly came to Delhi from Pakistan.
Hamza was arrested Oct 1 from the Nizamuddin railway station here.
Asad, a computer expert, was the alleged recruiter, motivator and ideologue of this IM module, which reportedly got Rs.3 lakh from mentors abroad.
The fourth accused, Landge Irfan Mustafa, 30, was arrested near a bus stand in Jaipur Oct 10. He is under custody of Delhi Police till Oct 30.
Mumbai police on Monday had moved an application Oct 22 in a court here for the custody of all four suspected IM operatives who are allegedly involved in the Pune blast case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Selfie time! Alia Bhatt freezes frame with Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Shinde's team – Pic inside
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!