Pune blast: Indian Mujahideen terrorists exchanged online messages in Karachi before attack
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Saturday reportedly spotted a suspect in a CCTV footage recovered in connection with Thursday`s Pune blast.
The footage shows the suspect parking a bike near Faraskhana police station`s parking lot before the blast occurred.
On the other hand, monitoring of the emails has revealed that online messages were exchanged among
Indian Mujahideen`s terrorists in Karachi before carrying out blasts, as per reports.
Meanwhile, the ATS has formed 10 teams to crack the case in coordination with the district police.
The blast caused by an IED planted in a motorcycle at Faraskhana police station`s parking lot had left five injured, including a police constable. The motorbike was stolen from a policeman posted in Satara some time back.
“It was a "low intensity" blast and police are probing the case keeping in mind "all possibilities", including a terror angle, Pune Police Commissioner Satish Mathur told reporters.
Furthermore, the ATS has recorded statements of 20 people.
A case has been registered under Sections 307 (attempt to murder), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy), besides various sections of the Explosives Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
A team of the National Security Guard(NSG) also inspected the scene of explosion which has been cordoned off.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31