Pune blast: Indian Mujahideen terrorists exchanged online messages in Karachi before attack
Zee Media Bureau
Pune: The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Saturday reportedly spotted a suspect in a CCTV footage recovered in connection with Thursday`s Pune blast.
The footage shows the suspect parking a bike near Faraskhana police station`s parking lot before the blast occurred.
On the other hand, monitoring of the emails has revealed that online messages were exchanged among
Indian Mujahideen`s terrorists in Karachi before carrying out blasts, as per reports.
Meanwhile, the ATS has formed 10 teams to crack the case in coordination with the district police.
The blast caused by an IED planted in a motorcycle at Faraskhana police station`s parking lot had left five injured, including a police constable. The motorbike was stolen from a policeman posted in Satara some time back.
“It was a "low intensity" blast and police are probing the case keeping in mind "all possibilities", including a terror angle, Pune Police Commissioner Satish Mathur told reporters.
Furthermore, the ATS has recorded statements of 20 people.
A case has been registered under Sections 307 (attempt to murder), 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means), 120 (B) (criminal conspiracy), besides various sections of the Explosives Act and Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
A team of the National Security Guard(NSG) also inspected the scene of explosion which has been cordoned off.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India