Pune blast: PC of one extended, to be confronted with Maqbool
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday extended by four days the police custody of Feroze Hamza, an August 1 Pune blast accused, on police plea that he has to be confronted with another suspected IM module Sayed Maqbool, arrested in the case.
The magisterial court extended Hamza`s police custody after the Special Cell of Delhi Police said the disclosures made by Maqbool, arrested on October 23, have necessitated their confrontation.
Two other accused in the case, Asad Khan and Imran Khan, however, were sent to 14-day judicial custody as the Special Cell said they were no longer needed for interrogation.
A fourth accused, Irfan Mustafa Langda, is already in police custody till October 30.
The police claimed Maqbool in collusion with Asad, Imran, Feroz and Mustafa had planned to commit fidayeen attacks on Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
Police had said they had got the approval of IM chief Riyaz Bhatkal, a fugitive believed to be holed up in Pakistan, for carrying out the attack as a "retaliation to the alleged atrocities on Muslims in Myanmar."
Sayed Maqbool, who, police claimed, is a district president of All India Majlis Itehad-ul Muslimeen which has an MP in Lok Sabha, was apprehended from Hyderabad.
Maqbool, a fruit seller who allegedly taught suspected IM terrorists on how to make IEDs, is the fifth person to be arrested in connection with the August 1 Pune blasts to avenge the death of alleged IM module Qateel Siddique in Yerwada Jail.
Asad, who is alleged to be a "recruiter, motivator and IM ideologue" and Imran were arrested on September 26 from their hideout in Pul Prehladpur in South Delhi, while Feroze was apprehended from Nizamuddin Railway station on October 1. This was followed by arrest of Irfan.
Asad, Imran and Feroze were arrested by the Delhi Police for planning strikes in the capital during the Dussehra and Diwali festivals. The police claims that preliminary inquiries have revealed that they were involved in the Pune blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea