Pune blast: PC of one extended, to be confronted with Maqbool
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Saturday extended by four days the police custody of Feroze Hamza, an August 1 Pune blast accused, on police plea that he has to be confronted with another suspected IM module Sayed Maqbool, arrested in the case.
The magisterial court extended Hamza`s police custody after the Special Cell of Delhi Police said the disclosures made by Maqbool, arrested on October 23, have necessitated their confrontation.
Two other accused in the case, Asad Khan and Imran Khan, however, were sent to 14-day judicial custody as the Special Cell said they were no longer needed for interrogation.
A fourth accused, Irfan Mustafa Langda, is already in police custody till October 30.
The police claimed Maqbool in collusion with Asad, Imran, Feroz and Mustafa had planned to commit fidayeen attacks on Buddhist shrines in Bodh Gaya in Bihar.
Police had said they had got the approval of IM chief Riyaz Bhatkal, a fugitive believed to be holed up in Pakistan, for carrying out the attack as a "retaliation to the alleged atrocities on Muslims in Myanmar."
Sayed Maqbool, who, police claimed, is a district president of All India Majlis Itehad-ul Muslimeen which has an MP in Lok Sabha, was apprehended from Hyderabad.
Maqbool, a fruit seller who allegedly taught suspected IM terrorists on how to make IEDs, is the fifth person to be arrested in connection with the August 1 Pune blasts to avenge the death of alleged IM module Qateel Siddique in Yerwada Jail.
Asad, who is alleged to be a "recruiter, motivator and IM ideologue" and Imran were arrested on September 26 from their hideout in Pul Prehladpur in South Delhi, while Feroze was apprehended from Nizamuddin Railway station on October 1. This was followed by arrest of Irfan.
Asad, Imran and Feroze were arrested by the Delhi Police for planning strikes in the capital during the Dussehra and Diwali festivals. The police claims that preliminary inquiries have revealed that they were involved in the Pune blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP