Pune blast: Police still groping in dark
Pune: Not ruling out anything two days after a blast killed 9 including two foreigners, Pune police on Monday said the probe was on right track but did not reveal if it had any concrete leads in the case.
“There can be more than one suspect, no organisation’s role can be ruled out,” Police Commissioner Satyapal Singh told mediapersons here today.
"So far, we have not yet got any concrete leads on the perpetrators of the incident. We are investigating from all angles and we don`t rule out anything," Singh said.
He brushed aside persistent questioning for information, saying he will reveal it when he has it or he was ‘not obliged to reveal’ anything to the media.
Four teams are working on various leads and all investigation agencies are working in unison, he added.
He informed seven bodies from 9 victims had been handed over to their families. Three injured- including a Sudanese national- were critical, Singh said.
The commissioner said the forensic report had not been obtained till now though it was to be received by police this evening.
“It was expected today but has not been received. It may come tomorrow or maybe the day after- we will get the report for sure,” he non-chalantly said. Zee News sources have revealed that the report has concluded the use of RDX in the blast.
Stressing that the police were doing their best, Singh requested the public to come forward with any kind of information that could help the investigators "in the interest of the city and the nation".
Earlier in the day it was revealed through sources that CTV footage had captured two individuals escaping in an auto rickshaw after keeping a bag in the bakery where the blast was triggered moments later.
today set to quiz one of its key men Shahzad over the presence
of the terror group`s sleeper cells in Maharashtra, especially
in this city.
Pune police biased against media, allege scribes
Singh was also grilled by media persons for what they claimed
"discrimination" against them in not allowing to visit the
German Bakery blast site even as politicians were given free
When Singh stated that police were not differentiating
between the visitors, a reporter claimed that Shiv Sena leader
Sanjay Raut and RPI`s Ramdas Athavale were given permission to
enter the cordoned off area.
Singh said police had been instructed to "protect the
scene of crime" from any kind of tampering and if somebody had
erred it would not be tolerated.
On the police ban on media persons preventing their
interaction with the injured victims of the bomb blast in
hospitals, Singh said it was imposed in the interest of
"Ministers and politicians are allowed to meet the
injured as a matter of reassurance to them," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter